Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Catwoman Poll #3


The second Catwoman poll is closed, with Angelina Jolie winning pretty handily with 36% of the vote. Eliza Dushku had 20%, and Olivia Wilde was the only other actress to get more than 2 votes. You can see the full results to the right if you scroll down a bit. But this poll closing means it's time for a new one.

  • Cate Blanchett
    You might know her from: Lord of the Rings, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Elizabeth

    She's a fine actress, but I don't find her to be the kind of actress who's all that attractive compared to other leading ladies. Nor does she seem to be especially tough, physically.


  • Rosario Dawson
    You might know her from: Men in Black, Death Proof, Sin City, Clerks II

    She's hot, she can be tough. She's a little bit geeky in a way that I adore, but may not play all that well for Selina. It's very easy to imagine her filling out the costume nicely though.


  • Shannen Doherty
    You might know her from: Beverly Hills 90210, the new 90210, Charmed, Mallrats

    She looks sorta like the way Catwoman is typically drawn. I think everything else about her is wrong.


  • Megan Fox (pictured above, with a cat!)
    You might know her from: Transformers, How To Lose Friends and Alienate People

    Megan Fox is absurdly attractive, and she's apparently a fan of comic book movies (she's attached to both Jonah Hex and Fathom adaptations, and has been rumored for a Hack/Slash movie forever). I haven't really seen her act, though. I've seen her in a thousand random magazine and paparazzi pictures but only two actual movies. Also, she's maybe a little young (she's 8 years younger than Katie Holmes, 9 years younger than Maggie Gyllenhaal, and 12 years younger than Christian Bale). Incidentally, I don't think she looks that great in the picture I used, but the cat thing was too appropriate to pass up.


  • Jennifer Garner
    You might know her from: Alias, Daredevil, Elektra, Juno

    She's very much the girl next door and not the bad girl (which is why she was kinda poorly cast as Elektra). She fits the Catwoman mold otherwise, but I think the less than great fan reaction to both Elektra and Daredevil might keep her away from comic book movies.


  • Jennifer Love Hewitt
    You might know her from: I Know What You Did Last Summer, Can't Hardly Wait, The Ghost Whisperer

    She's a lovely girl but doesn't seem very tough, or bad, or athletic, or anything else Catwomanish.


  • Julianne Moore
    You might know her from: Boogie Nights, Magnolia, Children of Men, The Big Lebowski

    One commenter here is a huge proponent of Ms. Moore as Catwoman, but I have my doubts. She is a great actress, and as this commenter points out frequently was tough as nails in Children of Men, and she's still a good looking woman. However, she'll be over 50 years old by the time filming starts on Batman 3. Megan Fox might be too young, but I feel like Julianne Moore is too old. 50 year old women with no superpowers can't stand up to Batman in a fight. Even ones who don't look 50.


  • Missy Peregrym
    You might know her from: Reaper, Heroes, Life As We Know It, Stick It

    She's great looking and looks like she's in good shape. The first role I saw her in was on a lousy WB series, Black Sash, about martial arts, so she's at least ok in a fight scene. She's played kind of limited roles, though, so I'm not sure about her acting. A recurring role as a bad girl on Heroes is the only time she's played anything close to Catwoman, and while she was good on that show, it didn't really convince me.


  • Queen Latifah
    You might know her from: She's pretty famous, you know who she is

    I think this was suggested as a joke, but I'm putting her in anyway.


  • Ziyi Zhang
    You might know her from: Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Rush Hour 2, Memoirs of a Geisha

    She can obviously handle the action scenes and she's a good looking woman, but I do recall seeing her kind of struggle with English the last time I saw her in a movie where she spoke it. I don't mind rewriting Catwoman so that she's foreign or has an accent, but I don't want Catwoman to have to labor to have a conversation with Batman. But then again I might be in the minority, and most people might think her English is fine.


Vote away, the poll is up over there to the right.

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, I've been pretty busy and news has been light, but I'll be back to posting more regularly soon.

No comments: