Friday, March 5, 2010

Riddler Poll #6


Michael Emerson ran away with the last poll. Kevin Spacey and Neil Patrick Harris tied for a distant second. Here are this week's contenders:
  • Willem Dafoe
    You might know him from: Spider-Man, Speed 2: Cruise Control
    Dafoe is intense, which is good. But he's already done the comic book villain thing in a very popular movie, so I'm not sure they want to invite the comparison.

  • Crispin Glover
    You might know him from: Back to the Future, Charlie's Angels
    Crispin Glover is a weird guy. I think if I was going to be on set, he wouldn't be my first choice of a guy to spend my days with, but he might be the right guy to play a completely weird Riddler. If anyone can figure out a way to be unsettling in an intellectual way, Glover can.

  • Eddie Murphy
    You might know him from: Beverly Hills Cop, Coming to America
    This was one of those rumors from The Sun, which likes to make ridiculous things up and cite "unnamed sources." Never going to happen.

  • Jim Parsons (pictured)
    You might know him from: The Big Bang Theory
    I don't watch this show, but from the commercials I gather that he's nerdy and awkward. You'll have to tell me if he's right for the Riddler, I honestly don't know.

  • Sean Penn
    You might know him from: Mystic River, Milk, Fast Times at Ridgemont High
    The only movies he's done for a while are ones with a political agenda and Oscar bait. Heath Ledger's award notwithstanding, Batman movies aren't where you go to win Oscars, so I doubt he'd ever do it. Even if he would, I'm not sure I'd want him to. He does brooding and he does quiet intensity and he does vulnerable, all of these very well, but even though I don't really favor the boisterously crazed Riddler that some do, he should still like the sound of his own voice and enjoy the challenge of facing Batman, two things that I don't picture Penn capturing as well as others.


Vote over to the right. Scroll down on the sidebar to see the full results from round 5.

No comments: