Thursday, December 18, 2008

Stupid Rumor of the Day


Seems like for every reasonable sounding casting rumor, there's at least one ridiculous one. So not long after the not too far fetched Rachel Weisz rumor, right on cue, the Sun comes up with one possibly dumber than Cher as Catwoman:
FUNNYMAN EDDIE MURPHY will play The Riddler in the next Batman movie, The Sun can reveal... The film, set for a 2010 release, is being developed under the working title Gotham. Execs have also signed up rising Transformers star SHIA LABEOUF, 22, to play Robin.
They even crudely photoshopped Eddie Murphy in a question mark jumpsuit. Please don't believe any of that for a second (although I wouldn't hate "Gotham" as a title). But since I've been putting up every casting rumor I come across, I don't want to start getting picky now.

I do like that the rumors are racially inclusive, though I'm a little surprised whoever made this up didn't go with Chris Tucker instead of Eddie Murphy. He's a lot closer to the Frank Gorshin/Jim Carrey Riddler that most people remember (note: I don't actually want Chris Tucker to play the Riddler). I bet Don Cheadle could play a great Riddler though.

No comments: