Last night's South Park (which, as always, has some spicy language) had some fun with the recent run of dark superhero movies, with plenty of nods to the Dark Knight and Watchmen. Plus the above scene with a nice reference to a famous Batman cover in the upper left. Elsewhere:
- Topless Robot includes Gotham City in its list of the worst comic book vacation destinations.
- The Rumpus interviews Batman movie producer Michael Uslan, with some insight not only on the current movies, but on some of the older ones, and an attempt to explain the awful Joel Schumacher movies.
- Bam! Kapow! has a lengthy conversation (with NSFW language) about the next Batman movie villain, and somehow decides on Mr. Freeze?
- The Batmobile from 1989's Batman will be up for auction this weekend in Vegas, so if anyone insanely rich is reading this, you better hustle. (also, send me money)
- Rotten Tomatoes has a list of the top 10 "superhero hookups" in movies, and since it's one of those annoying lists that makes you go click through over and over again to get to the end, here's a link straight to the only Batman part.
Don't forget to vote in the first round of Catwoman poll to the right, read up here for my thoughts on the first contestants, or here for the full list of who'll be involved, in case you want to add to the list.