Friday, April 10, 2009

Catwoman Poll #4


So the third poll ended in a tie. I thought Rosario Dawson would run away with it, because she seems to be a popular choice. But Julianne Moore, who I didn't think stood a chance, tied with the uberhot Megan Fox, with Ms. Dawson a single vote behind. Everyone else got basically no support. Which means in the eventual final Catwoman poll, both Moore and Fox will be included, and if there's room for the best of the rest, Rosario Dawson might squeeze in there, too. To check out the final results, poll #3 will be on the sidebar to the right, just lower down the page. But now onto #4, which is up over to the right near the top. The contestants:

  • Amy Adams
    You might know her from: Enchanted, Doubt, Talladega Nights

    She's adorable, which would be great for Kittenwoman. But Catwoman isn't adorable.


  • Kate Beckinsale
    You might know her from: Underworld, Pearl Harbor, Serendipity

    She looks the part, she has filled out a tight leather suit quite nicely in Underworld, and is a pretty decent actress.


  • Jessica Biel
    You might know her from: 7th Heaven, a bunch of lousy movies

    Her legs look like they could crush a man to death, and he'd be thanking her for it the whole time. So that's good. But I don't think she can carry the part. Her acting resume is pretty weak.


  • Anne Hathaway
    You might know her from: Rachel Getting Married, Get Smart, The Devil Wears Prada

    She can act and she's all kinds of attractive, but I didn't buy her as a tough girl in Get Smart. Maybe other people did, but she just seems too sweet.


  • Kelly Hu
    You might know her from: X-Men 2, The Scorpion King, Martial Law

    She's got ass kicking and hotness covered (I think she's the only one in any of these polls that I've seen in person, and she really is stunning), but she's not much of an actress. It's been forever since I saw X2, but did she even speak? I can't remember her talking at all in that one. Which is a bad sign.


  • Beyonce Knowles
    You might know her from: Being a famous singer, Dreamgirls, Austin Powers 3

    I've only seen her in the Austin Powers movie, and I didn't really care for her performance. I, like everyone, would like to see her in the Catwoman costume, just not actually playing the part.


  • Evangeline Lilly (pictured above)
    You might know her from: Lost, and that's basically it

    She's sexy and tough on Lost. I've never seen her play any other part though, so I'm not sure about her acting.


  • Sienna Miller
    You might know her from: Mostly from being tabloid fodder, but also Alfie, Factory Girl, Stardust

    I saw Stardust but didn't pay much attention. As I recall, she played a girl who was very beautiful but otherwise uninteresting. Which is kind of how I feel about her as an actress. She was in an excellent movie with a pre-Bond Daniel Craig called Layer Cake that not many people saw. But her performance didn't have anything to do with me enjoying the movie.


  • Keri Russell
    You might know her from: Felicity, Mission Impossible 3, Waitress

    Like Amy Adams, she's adorable, which does not work for Catwoman.


  • Shannyn Sossamon
    You might know her from: A Knight's Tale, 40 Days and 40 Nights, The Order

    She's in two of my favorite movies of the past 10 years (A Knight's Tale and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang), but she's not someone I'd ever think of for Catwoman. She's rail thin, kind of fragile looking. And I don't think I've even seen her in anything in a few years, so I think Hollywood has given up on making her a big star (or she wasn't ever interested in being one).

No comments: