Friday, April 24, 2009

Catwoman Poll #6


Charlize Theron ran away with last week's poll. She will face off with the other winners in the final poll. Zooey Deschanel was the only other candidate to get more than 3 votes. Those results have been moved to the bottom of the sidebar off to the right, and replaced in the upper right by the new poll:

  • Gemma Arterton
    You might remember her from: Quantum of Solace, RockNRolla

    I didn't get much of a sense of her from the last Bond movie, except to say that she's very sexy. So she's not the worst idea ever, but largely an unknown to me.

  • Halle Berry
    You might remember her from: Monster's Ball, Swordfish, that Catwoman movie

    Technically I didn't see the Catwoman movie. It just looked too ridiculous. I would see Batman 3 if Halle Berry played Catwoman, but I wouldn't be happy about it.

  • Emily Deschanel
    You might remember her from: Bones, and apparently she had a bit part in Spider-Man 2

    The only role I know her from, she plays a nerdy, emotionless scientist. Catwoman is kind of the opposite of that. I have a hard time picturing it.

  • Sarah Michelle Gellar
    You might remember her from: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, remakes of Japanese horror movies

    She was fairly convincing as the ass-kicking hot girl on Buffy, which I'm sure is why her name even came up. But I've never been that fond of her acting.

  • Carla Gugino (pictured above)
    You might remember her from: Watchmen, Karen Sisco, Sin City, Spy Kids, Entourage

    Tragically underused throughout her career, sadly only now as she starts to show her age is she getting the parts she should have had all along. Not that she isn't still beautiful, because she is. I think she'd have made a perfect Catwoman 10 years ago, and would still be pretty good today.

  • Alicia Keys
    You might remember her from: Her career in music, Smokin' Aces

    I actually really liked her in Smokin' Aces. If she's actually a talented actress, she might be able to pull it off. But it's hard to say that based off of one small part in a somewhat ridiculous movie.

  • Lucy Liu
    You might remember her from: Ally McBeal, Kill Bill, Charlie's Angels

    I never really gave her much thought, but she actually wouldn't be bad at all. She's played tough, bad girls on a number of occasions (Payback is the one that sticks in my mind the most) and has done it pretty well, with a wicked smile on her face. Not my first choice, but I wouldn't hate the idea as much as I thought I would at first.

  • Rebecca Romijn
    You might remember her from: X-Men movies, Ugly Betty

    Pretty much exactly what I wrote for Sarah Michelle Gellar.

  • Uma Thurman
    You might remember her from: Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill

    I never found her all that attractive. Also, she played Poison Ivy in 1997's Batman & Robin, so I can't imagine anyone would want to cast her and bring back memories of that terrible, terrible movie.

  • Rachel Weisz
    You might remember her from: The Mummy, Constantine, The Constant Gardener

    She's lovely, elegant, and can act. My only concern is physical toughness, but she's not a tiny little girl or anything, so I assume that can at least be faked.

Vote away. Due to the confluence of a work thing and my internet at home being out, I might not get another update in until Tuesday.

No comments: