Monday, May 10, 2010

Riddler Poll #9


Way too long since the last one of these, but Hugh Laurie edged out Paul Bettany last time, with no one else getting more than 2 votes. Bettany's in the lead for the top spot among 2nd place finishers, so he may be back. And now, the last round before the finals, voting will be open for a week:
  • Jim Carrey
    You might know him from: All sorts of stuff, including as the Riddler in Batman Returns
    This is a terrible idea, so I'm not going to give it much thought. He already did it, he wasn't terrible or anything, but I don't see why this series of Batman films would want to call back to the earlier series.

  • James Franco
    You might know him from: Freaks and Geeks, the Spider-Man series, a great 30 Rock cameo
    I like James Franco as an actor, just not for this role. Also, considering his recent "performance art" stint on a soap opera, I feel like his interests aren't in the area of big budget comic book movies.

  • James McAvoy
    You might know him from: The Last King of Scotland, Wanted
    Another actor I like. But in the parts I've seen him in, he's the character that... we identify with. I don't think the Riddler, in any variation, has been someone we're supposed to completely understand or sympathize with.

  • Ewan McGregor
    You might know him from: Star Wars (the crappy ones), Trainspotting
    I just can't see it. No idea why. I was going to guess that he might be done with big budget franchises too, but he did do Angels and Demons just last year, so there goes that theory.

  • Guy Pearce (pictured)
    You might know him from: Memento, The Hurt Locker, L.A. Confidential
    He's worked with Christopher Nolan before, he has a definite edge, he can pull off intellectual/nerdy, and... I just like the idea.

No comments: